Monday, November 17, 2014

Blog Post 10

  I can honestly say that I've learned some very valuable information from this class. It exposed me to things that I've been around my whole life but never took the time to appreciate/understand. I really liked how we were able to go on school visits as a class and talk about our observations right then and there. Then, when I went on my own visits to schools I was able to pick up on things we discussed in class right away. As a result of taking this class, I can genuinely say that I am looking forward to becoming a teacher one day. I know being a teacher has its negatives (what job doesn't) but I know that I will wake up every day and be doing something that I love. To me personally, money isn't everything. I truly believe that if someone is able to wake up and go to "work" at a job they love, they really aren't working. They are doing what God put them on earth to do: making it a better place than they found it.
   The unifying theme from each of my blog post was that in order to be a "good teacher," teachers must be passionate and show a genuine interest in making a difference in students lives inside and out of the classroom. If students are able to see how passionate a teacher is about the material they are teaching, then it is more likely that students will WANT to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment