Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Clinical Experience

   Before our group got up in front of the class and taught the lesson, I was very nervous. I was not worried about us presenting the material, however, I was worried that the class would have trouble actively participating in group/class discussions. Once we got into our small groups, I was very pleased with the participation of my group. It was very apparent that my classmates felt comfortable with me and I think that is essential for teacher-student relationships. If they were not comfortable with me, they probably would have not wanted to consistently engage in conversation. I know personally I have felt that many a time with teachers and it makes discussion awkward and one sided. I think playing the video really helped with keeping the attention of the class as well as the comments that our group would make when we paused the video. The video allowed the students to see the things we talk about in class in practice and I thought that was good because it allowed them to hear what our group had to say about the topic then they could see it in practice.
   Even though I thought our group did very well in presenting the material to the class, I thought I could have done better explaining certain details that were left out. For example, I think I should have handed out an article on GERM or TFA. This would have allowed the students to better understand what both of those topics were. Another thing I could have done better is rotating from group to group so each of them didn't focus on one single topic from the chapter. All in all, I think our group did very well and worked well each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment